Friday 1 July 2011

Fw: ATHEIST IN THE WOODS]

 
 
 
 
 

> ATHEIST IN THE WOODS
>
> An atheist was walking through the woods.
>
> 'What majestic trees!
> 'What powerful rivers!
> 'What beautiful animals!
> He said to himself.
>
>
> As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the
> bushes behind him.
>
>
> He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards
> him.
>
> He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder
> and saw that the bear was closing in on him.
>
>
> He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was even closer.
>
>
> He tripped and fell on the ground.
>
>
> He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right
> on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw
> to strike him...
>
>
>
> At that instant the Atheist cried out,
> 'Oh my God!'
>
> Time Stopped.
> The bear froze.
> The forest was silent.
>
>
> As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.
>
> 'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't
> exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident.'
> 'Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament?
>
> Am I to count you as a believer?
>
> The atheist looked directly into the light, 'It would be
> hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but
> perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian'?
>
>
> 'Very well,' said the voice.
>
>
> The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the
> bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his
> head and spoke:
>
> 'For what I am about to receive, may the Lord make me truly
> thankful, Amen.'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment