Thursday 13 January 2011

Fw: Why professional athletes can't have regular jobs.

Brain versus brawn! Some great 1 liners in here…..

 

 

Why professional athletes can't have regular jobs.


1. Chicago Cubs  outfielder Andre  Dawson on being a role  model: 
    "I  wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to  me. I wan' all the kids to copulate  me." 
 
 2.  New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked  about the upcoming  season: 
  "I  want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever  comes first." 

  3.  And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's  say:
   "I'd run over my own mother to win  the Super  Bowl,"   Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win,  I'd run over Joe's Mom,  too."

  4.  Torrin Polk, University  of Houston receiver, on his      coach, John  Jenkins:
   "He treats us like men. He lets us wear  earrings.."

  5.  Football commentator and former  player Joe  Theismann:
   "Nobody in football should be called a  genius. A genius is a guy like Norman  Einstein."

 6.  Senior basketball  player at  the University of   Pittsburgh :
  "I'm going to graduate on time, no  matter how long it takes."  (Now that is  beautiful)

  7. Bill  Peterson, a Florida State football  coach:
   "You guys line up alphabetically by  height.."   And, "You guys pair up in groups of  three, and then line up in a  circle."

 8.  Boxing promoter Dan Duva  on Mike  Tyson going to  prison:
  "Why would anyone expect him to come out  smarter?  He went to prison for  three years, not Princeton ."
 
 9. Stu Grimson, Chicago  Blackhawks left  wing,explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself  above his locker:
    "That's so when I forget how to spell my  name, I can still find my  clothes."
 
10.  Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan  training regimen of heavyweight Andrew  Golota:
     "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock  in the morning, regardless of what  time it  is."

  11. Chuck  Nevitt , North Carolina  State basketball player, explaining  to Coach Jim  Valvano why he appeared  nervous at practice:
       "My sister's expecting a baby, and I  don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an  aunt."
       (I  wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in  January) 

12. Frank  Layden , Utah Jazz  president, on a former  player:
      "I asked him,  'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or  apathy?'          He  said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't  care.'"

13. Shelby  Metcalf, basketball coach  at Texas A&M,  recounting what he told a player who received  four F's and one D:
   "Son, looks to me like you're spending  too much time on one  subject." 


14.  In the words of NC State great Charles  Shackelford:
     I can go to my  left or right, I am  amphibious. 

15.   Amarillo High School and Oiler  coach Bum  Phillips when asked  by Bob  Costas why he takes his  wife on all the road  trips,      Phillips  responded:
       "Because she  is too ugly to kiss  good-bye." 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment